Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's been for-ev-eh...

But I'm back.

Didja like my picture? LOL! No that's not my Halloween costume...that's my husband's, without the dress that is. He's actually wearing a pin-striped three-piece suit with the gorilla costume! I'm going as a beer bitch...or bar wench...whatever you feel like calling me. I was looking all over for plastic beer mugs so I could carry several large mugs at once like they do at the Hof Brau Haus in Munich (without the weight of the glass mugs). My plan was to use one for beer, then the others I would fill with gold-colored Jell-O and top with Reddi Whip. So now I'll carry two glass ones both filled with beer...:D I LOVE Halloween!

I have great news!!! The awesome Teresa Ferguson asked me to be to be on her new creative team! I'm so excited to work with her designs...here's one that I've done already with a photo of my completely darling nephew...



Credits: Be True, Be You kit by Teresa Ferguson at Sweet Shoppe Designs

I've been itching to scrap...but I just finished the Miss Marinette Area pageant. My mom is the executive director of the pageant, and I am the producer/director/host/performer for the show. It was a great show...but I'm glad it's done for another year.

I also want to finish knitting my new hat...yes, I knit. The cold weather has refreshed my desire and a pink, cashmere blend yarn sitting in my stash was calling me to make a new winter set. I finished my 50" cable scarf over the weekend (it took me a week, only because I had to order and wait for more yarn). I did finish my hat, but it was too short so I frogged it halfway and made it longer. I also have a sweater started. Knitting is really relaxing and meditative....and it gives my eyes a rest from the computer screen ;). I'll post pictures when I've finished the matching cabled mittens.

Well I have to go find a photo of a donkey's ass...don't ask...it's for my husband...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the CT! I bet you are so glad the "scholarship program" is over so you can relax. ;) I learned last winter that knitting is cool again. I was at a place to get my blood drawn and there were probably 3 different teen girls waiting too and they were all knitting! :)