Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Stupid things I do...

{or why we leave bathing the dogs to the professionals...}

Ok...we were out of town at a wedding over the weekend so like every environmentally concerned couple, we turned off the central air...yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, if you've been reading my blog, you know how hot it's been in Wisconsin and while it has cooled down some...it's still pretty hot. Well add two dogs to the mix and you can bet Andy, the dogs and I came home to a pretty smelly house on Sunday.

So on Monday, I Febreezed the couch, the air, the carpet, the pillows...everything. Didn't work...
so I wake up on Tuesday morning, wash the bedding and decide to conquer the smell at its source. Since I love my fur babies so much, I can't get rid of them, so I decided that Tuesday would be bath day! It was a beautiful day so the dogs could run around outside to dry. How fun, right?! uh...wrong...

Well, I bought new treats, covered the bathroom with towels and lured my first victim...Kelvin into the tub. Kelvin's little, doesn't mind water, stood still while I scrubbed his fur and his feet, but I went to adjust the water and in one single bound, he leaped over my shoulder onto the towels. Let me tell you, dogs are slippery when they're soapy and wet, but I grabbed him and got him back in the tub...I was happy I changed into scrubby clothes.

I finished rincing him off and picked up the slippery little noodle and shooed him out the door.

On to Dakota...

Dakota needs some more pursuation to get into the tub, unlike Kelvin, I can't lift her. So that's where the treats came in handy. She got in and I went through the same procedure....only Dakota's a little more stubborn...and wiley. I did a decent job then gave up and let her jump out.

She jumped out and shook herself off...only to layer the entire bathroom (and me!) in a half inch of water. Off she went outside and I was left with a bigger mess than I started with...

Lesson learned...leaving dog bathing to the professionals...it's worth the money.

(and it didn't really help the smell)

So guess what I did this morning...I scrapped! Here are my two latest...

Credits: Simply Sketches (set 2) template by Gina Miller(GMD); papers and stickers-Design It Jostle by Tracy Ann Robinson (SBB); arrow from Mega Arrows by Tracy Ann (SBB); brush frame by Tracy Ann (SBB); stitching by Gina Miller (SBB); alpha brushes by Michelle Coleman (ScrapArtist); font-CK Artisan




Credits: paper, overlay, ribbon and brush-My Gypsy Rose by Michelle Coleman (ScrapArtist), flower-from Claire de Lune kit by Michelle Coleman (ScrapArtist), Vivid Color action on main photo from Photo Blast, font-CK Rennesance

That's all for now...Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story made me laugh - I can just picture that! Love the frame around both your LO - nice work!!

Anonymous said...

hehehe

That's why Sheba gets outside bath's with the hose! ;) Where are the pics of you and Andy from the weekend? I want to see that cool dress!

We are at our first hotel stay tonight in Flagstaff. On to Amarillo, TX tomorrow. :)