Sunday, January 28, 2007

Guess what I was doing at midnight last night?...

NO! Not that! (where are your minds this fine Sunday)

At around 10:30 last night, Andy came running downstairs.

"Get dressed...we're going."

I had a suspicion this was coming..."I have to go with you."

"Yeah," he replied. "I don't want to stand there alone."

Eyeroll from me (although I was secretly excited). "Fine. But we better get one," I warn.

So in the middle of the night we trek to Wally World to stand in line for an hour to get a Nintendo Wii. They don't let you wait in the electronics department, so instead we got in line in the lawn and garden department (you know, outside the sliding doors?) I'm not one for waiting for anything so I wandered through the books and magazines, arts and crafts, the camera department only to get back and realize I wasted....a mere 15 minutes....45 minutes to go.

Some people came prepared with chairs and Icees. While I was gone, Andy found out he was 14 in line for 15 Wiis. "So we're definately getting one?"

"I guess."

I decide I'm thirsty 10 minutes later and go back into the store, hoping for a couple of Icees. No Icees. I get Dr. Peppers instead...20 minutes to go.

Everyone was just hanging out, talking amounst themselves. At about 5 min before midnight, the manager comes and we walk single file to the electronics department. Andy was in fight mode, just waiting to jump someone cutting in line.

"No cuts!"

"What are you? In third grade?" I ask. "I'm not bailing you out of jail this morning."

We wait in line again. When they brought out the systems, Andy exclaimed (to me) "They're bringing out the magical cart."

"Thanks for waiting until I finished drinking for that."

"No problem," he replied, with that impish look in his eye.

Anyway, at 12:01 a.m. the first Wii was purchased and on down the line. There were plenty and only one person went away without one.

12:38 a.m. "So are you going to bed when we get home," I ask.

"Come on be serious." Sooor-ry.

There was much excitement when we got home. Kelvin and Dakota had no idea, but since shopping bags were involved they were excited too. In fact, as Andy and I are pawing through the box, Kelvin started going through the other bag with an extra game and controllers and pulled out the nunchuck and ran around with it.

We played bowling first. (I got the first strike, BTW.) This thing is AWESOME!!! I never thought I would be excited about video games, but you actually get to move and jump and it's so much fun! Definately worth standing around in Wally World for an hour. The best part...we can connect it to the Internet and get classic Nintendo games like Super Mario Bros.

Well in spite of all the excitement, I did manage to get my first layout done for Toni Berman. I'm in love with her Rebel Rock kit, as well as the Date tickets. Here's Original Rock Star, featuring my nephew:


Credits: Rebel Rock and Date Tickets by Toni Berman (My Digital Muse)

Ok, and I promised to tell you about my new workout. Before I tell you what it is, I just want to let you know that my husband (mid-Wii game, of course) commented that he thought I lost weight and said my butt looked tighter. If that isn't progress I don't know what is?

Yes, as seen for TV, but it really works and its really fun. It says there are 5 complete workouts, but there are really 4, as the first one mostly just teaches you the right positions. There is a guided meditation though that's ok on it. However, if you've done yoga and/or ballet in the past you can skip it and go on to the basic workout.

I bought it from Double Day Book Club, but Target has it on sale on line. If you buy it through Amazon, you don't have to spend the extra $5 in shipping for the "free" squishy ball. I'm not sure if Target has it in stores...it's not at any around here anyway. I'm waiting for my squishy ball which according to UPS is still in California. I've just been using one of the dogs larger stuft toys, which they really aren't happy with.

Wow! Two blog posts in a weekend! Ciao!

10 comments:

Petra said...

Wow, what a story!! The newest Nintendo huh..I don´t think we have those yet...and it´s a good thing. My Fiance would probably drag me over there too..guys..LOL

Lovely page for Toin!! She had lovely designs...have a great sunday!

Lisa said...

oooh i want one too!! LOL They look like sooo much fun :)

Sara E said...

how funny...love the conversation...but I don't think I could've waited for that long

and........YES...love those date tickets...I grabbed them yesterday

Heather Heinzer said...

Thanks Melissa, dh thought I was on the computer working until he heard me LOL about the Wally World story!

Tabatha said...

Congrats on the new Wii, have fun with it!

Stephanie said...

LOL! Weee for Wii! :) I think you have me convinced to get the Yoga Booty Ballet. I'm going to Target tomorrow now. :)

Unknown said...

ROFL!! Okay, your Wii story had me snorting! And I wasn't too sure about anything with "booty" in the title, but those videos look pretty cool!

Sam said...

i neeeed a wii, DBF tried getting me one for x-mas with no such luck and unfortunately here in Saskatchewan they don't come often or in high quantities. I swore i would never stand in line for one, but sounds like you had fun and now i am tempted to drag DBF out to wait in line ... if it isn't -30 like right now ;)

Juzahlyn said...

wow!! you got the Wii!!! oh I've been looking for those for months now I still have no luck..congratz

Lee said...

Your Nintendo dialogue was a classic! LOL You write very well.

Love the layout, the colours are so rich...

Not gonna comment on your butt, I don't even know you, but I can tell you one thing, my dh aint gonna be saying that to me anytime soon (sadly) LOL.