Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year...

I hate new year resolutions, but I make them anyway. Of course, like most people, mine is to get healthy and get in shape. However there are two things this year that I think will make me motivated...
  1. I want to lose 20 pounds before we start IVF
  2. Andy and I are going to start training for a 10K that takes place in July.

Yes, you read that right...me...running...10K.

I'm hoping with a goal (and a training partner) I will keep with it. I have several other friends running also so it will be a whole weekend event up in the U.P. of Michigan.

So keep coming back...and watch the process. My first day of training (Saturday) we ran a mile...a half mile straight with no stopping...then the other half walking and running. I've never ran in the winter before so I didn't expect the pain in my chest from the cold air...that really held me back. Today I'll be doing the same thing (by myself this time), but I'll wrap a scarf around my neck...but it's warmer today also so I may not need it.

2006 will not go down in the "greatest" year category, mostly because it flew by and I really think I "slept" through most of it. But now it's 2007 and I'm feeling better...I'm on a new antidepressant (Cymbalta) and its really working for me. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I "should" feel...not like a ghost of myself. And it's good...it's good.

My ghost status was really apparent while I did this layout. The year seemed to flow by, yet when I look back on these photos...it seems like so long ago, like in a different lifetime.


Credits: paper, rubon, ribbon, tags from Wintersong by the ScrapArtist artists; pin by Tracy Ann Robinson; paper fold action by Jen Caputo (Digi Shoppe); date stamps by Amber Clegg (ScrapArtist)

Here's to a better, healthier, safer and successful 2007!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on deciding to run the 10K. That's a huge step just deciding to do it. ;) And wow that you ran 1/2 mile straight through on your first workout!! I raise my glass with you and virtually clink to an awesome 2007! :)

Anonymous said...

" so I didn't expect the pain in my chest from the cold air..."

TOTALLY! I hate that feeling. That and my throat feels sore from inhaling the cold air.

Good luck!

Oh and I LOVE that picture of you up in Jan (on your layout). Great photo!!!!!