Sunday, June 18, 2006

So my DH may not be a father...

but I made him breakfast in bed this morning anyway!

Yes, that's how sweet I am! :D

Seriously though...my fellow "Friends" fans may remember the adoption episode in the last season where Chandler is trying to convince the girl to give him and Monica their baby? Well, he said something that had me in tears...I still tear up when I think of it. It's what keeps me going...he said (and I'm totally paraphrasing here) "My wife may not have a baby, but she's already a mother." Something like that...I really should find that exact quote...anyone know?

Anyway...it's so true...we don't have a baby...but inside we're really parents. We have changed so much of our lives since we started trying three years ago. Yes, I know there is so much more to parenting that I cannot grasp yet because I haven't gone through it...but I'm ready. My cycle started yesterday. Over the past couple weeks, I switched my coffee to green tea. (And you remember my earlier "Ode to Coffee" entry, you know this is a feat!) I eat Boca brats instead of regular ones. I make myself lettuce wraps instead of a sandwich...I'm watching my carbs. I religiously take my medications, especially my prenatals and my metformin. Since I don't have a baby to take care of...I'm taking the best care of myself so I can have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy life so I can enjoy motherhood to its fullest.

I've been plagued with depression lately...but I'm continuing my medication and trying to reduce stress. I've been doing my yoga and walking.

So this is the beginning of another cycle...the first since November. Since this has become my journal, I plan to write about it here...to get it out...perhaps to educate people who may not fully understand infertility...but mostly to get it out of my head. Since my struggle began, I have three other close friends who have been touched by this issue and many more I've met or heard of from other people. Having a baby is sooo easy for some...but I'm trying to represent those (1 in 6 couples) who have a hard time.

Ok...thanks for letting me get that out. On to scrapping...

I have to TOOT! Digital Memories Magazine has accepted one of my layouts for their summer issue!!! Yea! I'm not quite sure when it'll come out but keep checking...it's a great magazine!!!

I haven't done any shopping lately because I'm trying to use some things I have...but I've been so, so tempted! Did you see some of the new stuff at ScrapArtist? Beautiful!!!

Here are a couple layouts...

Hmm..well it seems I can't upload photos at the moment...I'll try again later.

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on so much... for being an awesome wife to a future dad... for sharing your mom heart with the world... for taking charge of your mind & body... and for DMM taking one of your LO's! I can't wait to see which one it is. ;) Remember I'm available to chat anytime you need someone who understands what you are going through. ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm relatively new to your blog but will hope that all works out for you in the fight towards fertility. It took me two years to get pregnant the first time, losing the baby in the 2nd trimesters. Weird was I then become "a rabbit" and got pregnant 5 times. My body fought me every time I got pregnant. The second time I was blessed with my son, the fourth I had my lovely daughter and after that the emotional trauma of losing babies just wore me down. Hang in there...