Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Mental Health Day

I was reading this blog entry by Serena and realized this is really what I need. For the past two days I've been so tired and sooo on edge. I'm sitting at work (hiding really) I don't want to talk to anyone or see anyone. I have the goofiest husband, though. He told me to think of Curious George then started to dance around like a monkey...crazy, I know but it made me laugh. My head hurts and I don't feel like I have a creative bone in my body. Then I just found out my in-laws are putting their dog to sleep. He is an old dog and I know it's probably for the better, but damn, I feel like crying.

I'm trying so hard to remember that I'm leaving for a well-needed vacation next week. We're going to LA for a few days...just to get away. We decided to do this after my last IUI (intrauterine insemination) failed to work right before Christmas. (We've been trying to have a baby for almost 3 years.) I can't wait to leave the cold weather of Wisconsin for the happier, warmer, sunnier California. I understand it's in the 80's there.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog from a comment you left for Gina. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and I wish you the best with getting pregnant! We have also been trying for over 3 years and are currently attempting our 1st IVF. We had 5 failed IUI's last year. Mental health days are very important! :)