Friday, March 24, 2006

21 Day Challenge...

If you are a scrapper, you have to know the name Rhonna Farrer...she's incredibly inspiring and her pages are a work of art. I think she was one of the first digi scrappers to be acknowledged by Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame.

A little over a month ago, she instituted a 21-day challenge on her blog where you try to conquer or create a new habit in 21 days. I thought about it, but really wasn't ready to make any changes. I'm so happy to read that she is repeating the challenge and can't wait to participate this time.

My habit? If you read my blog, you may be aware that my husband and I are dealing with infertility. Our last attempt was in December and it failed. We decided to take a break because I physically and mentally couldn't do it again. (It had been our third attempt in three months.)

Basically for the past few months, I've been putting off the phone call to the clinic to start again because I'm terrified. In the mean time, I've gained a little of the weight I lost last year. I want to loose it and prepare myself mentally, but I keep putting it off.

So here it is...in writing so to speak...I vow to change my habits...to get body and mind in shape...so I can do what I need to do to make my dreams come true.

We'll start on Monday...so in three weeks I strive to be ready to make that phone call.

How about you? Do you have something in your life you want to change? Visit Rhonna's blog for details! I can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an AWESOME goal to work towards!! I think I'm going to jump in on this round too! :) THanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about "making that call." I finally called and made a follow up appt for this Thursday. Good luck and I'm sure you'll reach this goal!

Anonymous said...

That's such a great goal and it'll be awesome to see your entries for the challenge! I was on the fence about it last time and didn't do it, but decided that I would this round. Should be a fun experience!! :) (p.s. wishing you all the best with your struggles to bring a little one into your family!)