Monday, March 6, 2006

Whole lota nuthin'

I've been a bad blogger...but it's funny how you compose entries in your head while away from the computer. You should see the entries I would write in the shower! If they ever create a waterproof laptop...I would do all my work in there.

Mom came down this weekend for the Miss Oshkosh pageant. She's the director for the Miss Marinette pageant. I also volunteer with the program, wearing many hats...mostly in the fall and with the show...I'm producer, script writer, host, performer, stage manager...thank God it's only once a year!

Mom and I went to the Titanic artifact exhibit that's in town. It was very impressive! If you ever get a chance to see one of these exhibits...go! As you enter, you are given a boarding pass with the name and information of a traveler on the great ship. I was Miss Edwina "Winnie" Celia Troutt, a 27-year-old woman from Bath, England. She was a second class passenger. I am a history nut so as I walked through the exhibit, I especially paused at the second class items and wondered if Winnie used that particular item. It really made the whole experience real. At the end of the exhibit, you enter a room where you review the passenger list to find out if "you" lived or died when the Titanic sank. I am happy to say that Miss Troutt was indeed a survivor! After I got home I Googled her name and discovered she lived until the ripe age of 100, dying in 1984. My mother was not so fortunate...she had the name of Mrs. Irene Colvin Corbett, a 30-year-old mother of three who was one of 14 second-class women who did not survive. I will probably go again...it was really crowded when I was there and would like to browse more.

I did complete another scrapbook page this weekend! I did this one using Gina Miller's sketch from Scrapbook Bytes. She gave two options for a square page, but I put both options together for a two page layout.

Credits: font-CK Artisan

It's a very simple layout, but I really like it. My favorite photo is the large one of Dakota, who HATED camping! She spent the entire day in the tent on the air mattress. I mean what dog doesn't like camping?! Ahhh...that's why she's my princess. She did, however, love swimming.

Did you get Gina's new bulletin board add on...I did. Unfortunately, I didn't read her blog first where she hid a $2 coupon. So I just had to buy something else...Like her Weathered and Worn OOO So Fresh kit. I think this might work good with my vacation photos.

Later...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great page! Our dog is prissy too. ;)
We went to the Titanic exhibit in Chicago almost 6 years ago! That was one of our 1st dates. :) We also saw the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit that weekend and it was fabulous! Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE that you turned the sketch into a 2-pager! Looks GREAT!!!