Monday, March 20, 2006

What do you do for a puppy birthday party...

Well, let's just say Petco is extremely overrated and overpriced...but I will continue to shop there. As posted below...today is Dakota's birthday. Dakota is our younger dog...she's a lab and 60 pounds bigger than her older brother Kelvin, but he's the boss. She could easily whip the little guy, but she won't...never.

Ok...I'm totally off topic. Kelvin's birthday is Thursday, but as many parents know you cannot do something for one and not the other so we celebrate the dogs birthday's together. (Actually I do...my husband just shakes his head.) The only thing with children you can explain the fact that it's not their birthday and they will get their turn...dogs don't understand that...ok, they really don't understand birthdays either, but until I have children of my own...my dogs will get spoiled.

And my dogs know what gift bags are...yeah...it's pretty sad. This morning my husband had a gift bag for his boss who recently had a baby...the dogs got so excited and just wanted to dig in! Luckily we taped the bag or poor little Daniel would have gotten nothing but a slobbery teddy.

They were so excited when I got home with two gift bags...one blue and one pink. I put them on the table, but Dakota knew what was going on...




She couldn't wait to dig in...but I bought party hats and had to get photos first. So out came the treats to bribe for a few photos in party hats...



The birthday girl

Yeah...they were really as annoyed as they look so mean Mommy put down the gifts. It's hilarious watching them try to get their toys out of gift bags. Kelvin, who is constantly spoiled at his grandma and grandpa's and used to such bags, had no trouble. Dakota on the other hand, stuck her nose into the bag and pushed it along the hard wood floors until it stopped so she could pull out her toys. Each dog got a stuffed animal and a Galeleo Nylabone. As you can see they loved my choices...




Yes, Mommy is the hero tonight. After the toys, they dined on Canidae (their regular food) mixed with beefy Viti-Gravy. They also had Newman's Own Peanut Butter treats.

Of course, since this is Dakota's birthday, many of these activities sans expensive gifts will be repeated on Thursday...oh *sniff* they grow up so fast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! That party hat looks so small on Dakota. I love a good puppy party! :)

Anonymous said...

awwww- I need a puppy!

Anonymous said...

These photos are too cute!! Your fur-babies are adorable and I am ROFL!